Saturday, January 21, 2012

Easy Miso Soup

This is all organic, delicious, healthy, made with light Miso paste

I discovered this Miso Soup paste recently, and I must say, it tastes delicious even by itself! Whenever we go to an Asian restaurant, 2 of our daughters enjoy the Miso soup tremendously. I find satisfaction in knowing that I am able to make an organic version in my own home, any time. It is so easy that my daughters also can make it! You should be able to find this at any well stocked health food store.

Miso Master Light Miso Paste Ingredients: Organic Whole Soybeans, Organic Handmade Rice Koji, Sun-Dried Sea Salt, Blue Ridge Mountain Well Water, Koji Spores.
Aged 2 - 4 months.
Unpasturized



I dare say it is considered gluten free. It is made in a facility with barley, fyi. My daughter has an intolerance to gluten, not Celiac's disease, and this is perfectly fine for her.

The only 2 necessary ingredients (besides hot water!)


It looks like a thick hummus!

Here it is:

10 oz. of hot water, 2 Tbsp. Miso soup paste, 2 Tbsp. Better Than Bouillon paste (OR if you are lucky enough to have some bone broth or home made stock, use that instead. Just heat 10 oz. broth/stock then add the Miso soup paste.) Stir well. Enjoy!

*Note, do not put the miso paste into boiling water, only resting hot water, as the probiotic benefits will decrease.


Optional: Sliced baby bok choy and/or sliced scallions- add in at any point

3 comments:

  1. num num - I added baby bok choy and a bit of shallots (didn't have any scallions)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And an easy soup to prepare ;o) Glad you like it too. xo.

      Delete
  2. Hi! I’m at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone 3gs! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the fantastic work!
    international rice exporters

    ReplyDelete